June 4, 2013 ByJulie Ruebush
Have you ever sent out a newsletter for your company? A newsletter is an excellent way to get in contact with your past and present clients, and possibly up-sell products or services. But how do you write a newsletter that they will find interesting?
Here are some things to check for in your next newsletter:
• A Good Subject Line - if you do not include a good subject line, no one will want to open your newsletter.
• Personality - it is important to show that your company is made up of real people, and to let your company’s personality shine through.
• Images - make sure to break up your content with relevant images
• Offers - include an offer as an incentive to open the newsletter - this can be anything from a discount to a whitepaper.
• Social Network Links - Give your readers the opportunity to visit your Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or other social media accounts. Not only will this boost your company's social media marketing efforts, but it will also extend your exposure of the content in your newsletter.
• Link to your Website - one of the major goals of writing a newsletter is to drive traffic back to your site, after all!
• An Opt-Out Link - it is important to remind your readers why they are receiving the email, and give them the option to opt-out or unsubscribe from it in the future.
Keep your clients wanting more information from you. Making sure your newsletter contains the things mentioned above will keep readers interesting in your company and what you have to offer.
If you need help developing a plan for your newsletter, contact the professionals at Sales & Marketing Technologies today.