As your business grows, so too will its bottlenecks, like inefficient processes and time-consuming tasks, if left unchecked. That’s where ‘business process automation’
can step in to remove or minimize bottlenecks so your business and employees flourish. Although implementing new automation technology in a company may not be easy, it’s often required to better serve customers, improve employee output, and increase profit. See how business process automation works to resolve five common bottlenecks.
What is Business Process Automation?
Business process automation (BPA) is the use of technology to perform recurring tasks or processes in a business to replace manual effort. Essentially, it reduces or removes a lot of small but time-consuming tasks that are required for your business to function and be successful. BPA turns these tasks (e.g. record keeping, appointment making, and data reporting) into a seamless, automatic process that needs little involvement from employees.
Benefits of business process automation include:
- Lower costs
- Increase speed and efficiency
- Eliminate bottlenecks or delays
- Increase service quality
- Improve service delivery
It’s important to note that BPA isn’t the same thing as ‘business process management’ (BPM), which is the larger discipline of researching, measuring, analyzing, and improving the management of complex organization-wide processes. BPM is more about the bigger picture whereas BPA is about the details.
5 Common Bottlenecks in Business
To resolve bottlenecks in your business with BPA, you’ll first need to be clear on what those bottlenecks actually are. Here are the five most common bottlenecks that BPA can resolve:
- Confusing processes: Not only does confusing processes take longer for new employees to learn, but they also decrease overall employee efficiency.
- Too many processes: Even if the processes are relatively simple and quick, having too many of them takes up valuable employee time and decreases work output.
- Under staffing: Although hiring more employees isn’t always feasible, continually increasing an employee’s workload isn’t optimal either.
- Miscommunication: Whether it’s not replying to emails in a timely manner or returning phone calls, every time there’s a miscommunication or delay can lose you a customer.
- Outdated systems/technology: Slow speed, glitches, and outages hinder employee performance, signaling a desperately needed upgrade in your systems or technology.
BPA can resolve all of these bottlenecks by making your business more cost-efficient, streamlined, and error-proof.
Implementing Automation in Your Business
By implementing BPA in your business, your employees will have more time to focus on more important tasks like providing a greater level of customer service which will, in turn, attract and retain more customers. Sales & Marketing Technologies is an Orlando-based digital marketing agency that helps businesses leverage the power of automation technology to reach higher levels of success.
Call us today at 407-682-2222 or message us
below to schedule a free 30-minute call to discuss automation opportunities for your business!